I've been in a couple of bands before, and playing music with other people is one of the most fun things a human being can do with their clothes on. If you've never played in a band before, it's the best way I know to take your skills to the next level. And most importantly, it's fun!
Now I'm starting my own band based in the Eastern-Suburbs of Sydney, and I'm looking for:
- Bass guitarist
- Keyboard Player
Interested in playing music like:
- Adele: Rolling in the Deep
- Aston Shuffle: No Place like Home
- Birds of Tokyo: Plans
- Dire Straits: Sultans of Swing
- Eskimo Joe: Black Fingernails, Red Wine
- Foster The People: Best Friend, Coming of Age
- Highasakite: Since last Wednesday
- Fun: Some Nights
I'm an intermediate-level drummer and have been playing for about 4 years, so I don't expect you to be a pro yet. I listen to Triple-JJJ and tend to like recent/modern music. I'm not really interested in playing golden oldies, unless they have a funky beat like:
- The Four Seasons: December 1963 (Oh, what a night)
- Tina Turner: We Don't Need Another Hero
- Enigma: Return to Innocence
- Fleetwood Mac: Go Your Own Way
When I hear a song that I really like, I love to learn how to play it and want to meet other people in the same boat. I'm also happy to play originals if you're a songwriter.
I don't care how old you are, as long as you're easy to get on with and either can already play or are willing to learn.
I have a rehearsal space in Bondi available on Sundays we can use once the weather cools down and I'm not headed to the beach every day.
Let's start off jamming for fun, and then see what gigs we can get. You'll need to have your own gear at that point, or be able to borrow it.
I'm excited and a bit nervous, but keen to get this off the ground. If you're interested, please contact me.