I found myself in a yoga class by accident last weekend. You may wonder how this is even possible, but it happens to me more often than you might think. In fact, I find myself doing unexpected yoga so often that I keep a yoga mat permanently rolled up in my car precisely for such emergencies.
Not that I'm complaining or anything. Yoga is great for the body and an excellent way to quieten my restless mind. All that stretching is awesome for my flexibility, and the breathing practise helps calm my nervous system.
Yoga practise offers a myriad of physical, mental, emotional and spiritual benefits. So as I looked around the room in between Warrior Two and Child pose, I couldn't help but mentally assemble my Top 10 Reasons For Guys To Go To Yoga Class:
10. There are ten times as many girls as guys
9. The girl:guy ratio is 10:1
8. For every guy, there are ten girls
7. The women outnumber the men by ten to one
6. Every guy is surrounded by ten girls
5. Ten girls for every boy
4. There are only a tenth as many men as women
3. Girls/Guys ≈ 10
2. Girl Girl Girl Girl Girl Boy Girl Girl Girl Girl Girl
1. Downward Facing Dog